Here are the basics:
I’m 47 years old—and, like everyone else, I only feel about 27. I live in Southern California with my husband, Albert and two kids, Anton and Zosia. I came to motherhood late in life (my kids are 10 and 8 ) and it kicked my ass for a long time. I’ve always loved my kids and my husband—I just hated being a wife and mother. Thankfully, this thought has changed and I’m really loving motherhood these days.
I was an actor for a long time and still love to perform. Right now, I’m working on a cabaret called: Life (coaching) is a Cabaret. I'm actually going to perform it in LA in early March and at the Martha Beck coaching summit on March 17th.
The main thing I can tell you about myself is that I lived with a veneer of cynicism and depression for years and years and years. To get over it, I’ve tried therapy, acupuncture, various religions, Weight Watchers, hypnosis, every self-help book in the world, avoidance, (i.e. stuffing epic quantities of macaroni and cheese down my gullet late at night while watching E.R. reruns) a serious flirtation (some would say full-blown affair) with alcohol, not to mention sex, drugs and rock and roll. Learning these life coaching tools has had the most lasting effect of everything I’ve tried.
If you need more:
- Was born and raised in Grand Junction, Colorado, the youngest of 4 girls
- Mostly hated school but was good at it
- Have a BFA from California Institute of the Arts in Theatre Performance
- Graduated summa cum laude from California State University, Long Beach, with a master’s in English Literature and Feminist Theory
- Am a certified Martha Beck life coach
- Love to act, write, read, see movies and sing
- Love to eat but hate to cook
- Still get a heart-lift every time I see my husband come through the door
- Think Anton and Zosia are the coolest things since sliced bread
- Had my kids at home in a hot tub with no drugs
- Swear as easily as I breathe
- Am on the cusp of Gemini and Cancer (which explains a lot)